Sunday 11 July 2010

Solomon Kane had the feeling he was being watched...

I watched the Solomon Kane movie and it was... OK.

Again they failed to capture the magic of Robert E Howard's stories and instead went for an adventure film that is probably a safer bet financially that trying to aim for something different. Sad really as they could turn out something memorable, and generate some real buzz if they took a few more risks. I wanted a horror story with a central hero and got Indiana Jones in olden times. What this film has successfully done though is lower my expectations for the Conan film that's in the making.

1 comment:

  1. I did, however, enjoy the first three minutes...you're right though, it was a bit cack. I think Howard is a tough nut to crack because I think his worlds can translate as a little silly on film. I'd love to see a strange, rich, hard R-rated Conan but I don't think it's going to happen.

    ReplyDelete